Hubspot's 2010 "The State of Inbound Marketing Survey" found that:
The link above highlights the findings from Hubspot's 2010 report which includes these basic findings:
- 77% of Internet users read blogs
- Blogs yield an average ROI of 600%
- Companies that blog have two times the number of inbound links versus companies that don't
- 46% of companies with blogs have acquired customers from a blog-generated lead
- 58% say that they are better-known in their industry because of their blog
- 56% say that their blog has helped their company establish a positioning as a thought leader within the industry
Paula Berg also does an excellent job of summarizing why blogging is the channel of choice for dealing with public relations issues. Our short hand for the importance of new media is as follows: publish, promote, and prevail. The fact that many companies, across industries, still don't get it is evidence of the ever widening digital divide. It may still be early in web years but niches are being occupied, ecosystems are being built, and that sharks are in the water (swimming as fast as they can).
Eat lunch or be lunch, those are the only options available.
Looking for best of breed HIPAA Compliance Software?
To stay current on the HITECH Act and its quickly changing regulatory scheme visit the HITECH Survival Guide website and/or sign up for our free monthly compliance newsletter. Also, check out our FREE EHR Checklist.